If your skin has been feeling more like scales than silk, you probably need a new moisturizer. The right lotion can make all the difference with how your skin feels, but it can also make it look better!
Choosing the right type isn’t even that difficult; all you need to do is determine the differences between your options.
1. Choose Your Skin Target
The skin on different parts of your body will require different type of care. For example, your face requires different moisturizer than your feet would. When you’re shopping for a new lotion you first have to choose which area you want to target. This will ensure you are taking the best care of your skin that is possible.
2. What Type of Skin do you Have?
Some people have dry skin, some have combination and others have oily. It’s especially important to determine your skin type when you’re looking for face lotion. Choosing the wrong kind could end up irritating your skin, cause a rash or make you break out with acne.
– If you have dry skin then you will need to use a thicker lotion, like body butter, in order to provide your skin with the most moisture. There are a lot of formulas that dry quickly, which means you won’t have to spend a lot of time waiting to put your clothes on or walk around.
– If you have normal or combination skin, there are tons of different lotions available to choose from. Generally you can grab anything that specifically says it’s made for normal to combination skin. Just make sure to avoid any bottles of lotion that are made for oily or dry skin, as these can irritate yours.
– Anyone with oily skin will need to get a lotion that does not have oils inside of it. There are a lot of products made just for oily skin, so explore your options when shopping. Make sure to read through the ingredients just to make sure there are no oils inside of the formula.
– Sensitive skin needs extra support and care. Make sure to choose a product that is free of dyes, perfumes and anything else that might irritate your skin. There are a lot of sensitive lotions available because so many people have this skin type.
3. Look for Natural Options
Natural or organic lotions are generally the best choices because they are made without any harsh chemicals, which can irritate your skin and are bad for your health. These are going to cost more money, but they are definitely worth it. These lotions are made with vitamins and nutrients that support skin health and result in glowing skin that feels great!
– More drug store brands are starting to make really great quality lotions. You don’t have to spend a lot in order to get a great moisturizer. Check all of your options and compare prices before buying.
– Apply the lotion on a daily basis in order to see the best results.
– Use different moisturizers on different parts of your body to ensure your skin is being cared for in the right way.
Author Bio : Popea Ionut is a freelance writer which loves to showcase his writing skills on Squidoo. His last creation is about the Body Lotions.