Curling your eyelashes can make your eyes look bigger and more beautiful. While it would be nice to have naturally curly lashes that have a lot of volume, most people aren’t lucky enough to have these.
The good news is, there are a lot of ways you can curl your eyelashes naturally and make them look fantastic! All you need is a little bit of time, a little bit of practice and the right tools in order to make it happen.
1. Clean your Eyes
Use a gentle makeup remover to get all makeup off of your eyelashes. This will get rid of any residue so that your lashes aren’t weighed down with old makeup that doesn’t need to be there. This will also get rid of dirt and bacteria that can be dangerous around your eyes.
2. Curl Lashes with Lash Curler
An eyelash curler can be picked up from drug stores, grocery stores and just about anywhere else you can imagine. Curling your lashes before you apply mascara will ensure that they are already curved before you get started. Curl at the base of your lashes, in the middle and at the tips. Doing this will ensure you cover all areas and that your lashes have as much volume as possible.
3. Apply Mascara
Starting at the tip of your lashes; apply a thin coat of mascara. Doing the tips of the lashes first will result in your eyes looking bigger and wider and your lashes staying volumized for longer. After this, use your brush to apply mascara at the base of your lashes. Brush up to the top while you wiggle your brush gently from left to right. Doing this movement will separate your lashes and coat all of them individually.
4. Curl Lashes Again
After you finish applying makeup to your lashes and they are coated; wait for them to dry completely. Once they are dry to the touch, use your curler to curl them once again. This will give them a last blast of volume that will last all day long. If you already have enough volume then you can skip this step and enjoy having lashes that look beautiful and flirty!
– Use a volumizing mascara that is waterproof. A formula like this will generally stay on all day and hold volume for longer as well. There are a lot of great mascaras and most can even be found at your local drug store.
– If you don’t wait for your lashes to dry on step 4, you will end up with a mess. Curling your lashes while they are wet is only going to cause them to become crinkled and limp.
– Applying individual lashes at the outer corner of your eye will open up your eyes even more. Only a few are needed for most people and can be applied within minutes. This is not necessary, but can make a big difference if you want noticeable lashes.
– Use a gentle eye makeup remover when taking off your mascara. Using anything else can result in your eyes becoming irritated and the skin becoming rough.
Author Bio : Popea Ionut is a freelance writer which loves to showcase his writing skills on Squidoo. His last creation is about the Heated Eyelash Curlers.